Out At Sea

M and I are currently on the ship travelling to Ireland. We left the house at 6:30am, boarded the ship at 9am and set sail at 10:30. We have walked all the decks, used the two restaurants for tea and snack and I am eagerly awaiting our lunch at 1pm.

We got a standard cabin, as I was unaware that you could have a luxury suite, so next time I may go for an upgrade.

So far the sailing is smooth, but we are expecting a storm front to hit about 1pm, which will last until we leave the ship at 7pm tonight.  A long day, especially if it gets choppy, but I admit it, I quite like being at sea. Now don’t get me wrong, I love to fly, it is my preferred method of travel, but there is so much room, we have our own bathroom, and are not strapped into a tube of recycled air like cattle in a cart.

After lunch, we may have to visit the cinema and have a nap.  Knackered as my insomnia took over at about 3am.  That is, I am blaming my alertness on insomnia, but it may be guilt on leaving the dogs at the kennels yesterday. I say guilt, but we are sitting here as I am writing this talking about our planned trip to Rome next year and what we will be doing, so maybe not so guilty.

10 comments for “Out At Sea

1. September 20, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Have a wonderful trip! Also, for insomnia, I think it helps to exercise in the day and get really exhausted so that you drift off to bed at night.

xoxo
    Isabelle

• September 21, 2017 at 6:58 am

I never stop Isabelle, having two dogs and a disabled hubby, I don’t get time to sit down much. Maybe I should take up marathon running.

2. tonymarkp
    September 20, 2017 at 4:40 pm

I’d love to travel by ship some time. Have fun and don’t worry about the doggies. I’m sure you found a good place to care for them. One time I left a pet at a kennel and I suspected she had more fun there playing with the friends she made.

• September 20, 2017 at 4:52 pm

They do like the kennels where we take them as the people are lovely there and fuss over all the dogs. You have to have a trip on a ship it’s a lot fun.

• tonymarkp
        September 20, 2017 at 8:51 pm

I’m going to have “trip on a ship” stuck in my head for a while. Quite a rhyme!

3. September 21, 2017 at 11:07 pm

Sounds incredibly nice. I’ve never been on a cruise myself, but I think I’d have quite a bit of fun on one. I hope you and the hubby have a wonderful time!

4. September 28, 2017 at 5:42 pm

I’d love to travel to Ireland. Think I’d take the plane though as I hear it’s often a choppy crossing!!

• September 28, 2017 at 7:08 pm

Its not a bad crossing at all, just long.