The Great American Aran Afghan…

I really want to make this afghan. I have looked high and low in the UK for it at a reasonable price, however, I can only find ones that are priced way out of my budget.  The cheapest was £57.05 plus delivery, which is outrageous.

I have tried Ravelry, and LoveKnitting, but to no avail.  eBay I see again silly prices, and most of the time they are only in the USA, which means on top of the silly price customs charges are added on delivery which is an extra 20% then handling charges for the courier because of the customs charges, so it just keeps getting more expensive as the day goes on.  I know that items can be marked as a “Gift” and there are no customs charges and extras, but getting a seller to do this is hard work.

I even tried the county library and nothing.

Looks like this will be a pipe dream knit that always manages to elude my grasp.

18 comments for “The Great American Aran Afghan…

1. AJ
    October 19, 2017 at 7:33 pm

It is so beautiful! I think I want to make one:) Thanks for sharing the picture!

• October 19, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Totally agree, thats why I want to make one.

• AJ
        October 19, 2017 at 7:45 pm

I think I’ll just look through a book of knitting stitches and choose my own patterns for each block.

• October 19, 2017 at 7:49 pm

I would do that, but the idea of making this one is driving me wild. I love a good complex piece.

2. October 19, 2017 at 7:38 pm

I see one for sale or trade from Canada for $5.00 Canadian. I’ll send you the link on Ravelry.

• October 19, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Oh, thank you. I could not find one there, only a link for corrections.

3. October 19, 2017 at 7:44 pm

It’s certainly beautiful.

4. October 20, 2017 at 1:18 am

It does look gorgeous. Hope everything works out!

• October 20, 2017 at 7:19 pm

So far not looking good. The one on Ravelry was given away. So I’ll keep looking.

• October 21, 2017 at 11:06 am

$56 shipping

• October 21, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Theives! This book is in some libraries in the US but no near me that I could see