Well, what can I tell you about my latest knitting item, you know, the hat for breast cancer, I ripped it off the needles. Why? you may ask, well I was doing it on DPN’s then moved to circular needles, but when I got so far I could see that it really would not be big enough for an adult, and I was doing the medium size, so it had to go. I take a large size in hats and it would not go anywhere near me, M is Medium and he struggled, and it was quite a loose knit, so really it should have been okay, but nope. I also noticed that I had cocked up a few of the twist stitches.
Since we have the so-called Beast from the East 2 hitting us again this weekend I will start it all again, and cross my fingers that it works this time. I was enjoying doing it as the rib is a twisted stitch and the main pattern was lots of YO, SSK, K2Tog and P2SSO, so it was quite rhythmical, even hypnotic.
I have a few weeks to do both and get one off to the charity, so fingers crossed we are snowed in and progress will be made.