31 Days of Music – Day 7

This song is one of M’s favourites, so today I dedicate Liverpool music to him. Echo and the Bunnymen began in 1978 when M was only 5 years old. Ian McCulloch is originally from Norris Green part of Liverpool and was the lead vocalist in 1977 for a group called Crucial Three, with fellow scouser Pete Wylie and Julian Cope who was from Wales. 1978 he formed Echo and the Bunnymen. If you wondered who Echo was, that was the drum machine.

Without further a do, I give you Echo and the Bunnymen with The Killing Moon (1984)

9 comments for “31 Days of Music – Day 7

1. August 7, 2020 at 10:48 pm

I love Echo and the Bunnymen! I was living in Boston on my externship and I had their cassette tape in my walkman constantly. I actually wore it out.

• August 9, 2020 at 2:01 pm

It is funny that you know of them, most people the other side of the pond look blankly at me when ever I mentioned them.

• August 12, 2020 at 5:32 pm

I really enjoyed a lot of the British punk. I had Never Mind the Bollocks on 8 track. lol!

• August 12, 2020 at 8:20 pm

OMG 8 track! If you still had that it would be worth a fortune.

• August 12, 2020 at 8:51 pm

I bet it would! It sat by the stereo along with my dad’s Beethoven and Sing Along with Mitch! I actually had an 8 track player in my car!!! Those were the days!

• August 12, 2020 at 8:55 pm

In the car, who knew you could have that.

• August 12, 2020 at 8:56 pm

It was an American made car too. Very odd. Just have been a custom install.

• August 12, 2020 at 8:57 pm

My father had many cars, but only had a tape player.

• August 12, 2020 at 9:00 pm