If you had read my previous ramblings about blocking you will know I was in two camps, especially since I have never had to do it.
Whilst at the hardware store I noticed 9 interlocking play mats for £4. Yes, only £4. Obviously, I bought them as this was a bargain I could not leave. I had seen on Amazon blocking mats that were £35 for exactly the same thickness and size, the only difference was the Amazon ones had squares so you could measure the knitted item on it to block. This is really not something that I required as I have plenty of tape measures so why bother. I bought a box of T pins for £2.49 and have all I need for the job saving £28.51p. Bargain!
I had made two of the squares for the Great American Afghan one of them was smaller than the other and needed blocking to the correct size, so I put my purchases to the test. I admit, I was very happy with the result. Both squares at now the same size. All I have to do is the other 22 squares. Who knows when that will be finished as my knitting is like my reading, I swap to different projects/books all the time back and forth.