I thought I would make J a baby blanket for his new baby. I seem to make all their family new borns blankets. It was nothing out of this world just a Rico Pompon blanket. Originally I had bought two balls of yarn as that is all I used on the last one, but the band said I would need three. I presumed that the yarn was shorter, so sent for another one, but in the end, only used two. I now have a ball spare, but I am sure it will come in handy one day. I popped into my local yarn shop as she sells material among other crafting items and found a lovely blue ribbon with “It’s A Boy” on it, which I feel has finished it nicely as a gift.
My friend and his fiancé have just had a baby boy, and with that my knitting needles are at it again. I have made a blanket for his brother a good few years ago and Z still loves her blanket even though it is getting quite old now.
I bought pom-pom yarn over the weekend and started it and it was a load of crap. The yarn just was not right at all. The string between the pompoms was hard and almost like string, the pompoms were long, and at the time I thought the yarn was okay, but then working with it I knew it was not going to work. The cord between the pompoms is knitted into twice, and should then be hidden but this crap yarn seemed to made a feature of it, photo below.
After starting it on Saturday and feeling very disappointed I went onto LoveCrafts.com and ordered Rico Pompon yarn which I have used many times in the past and always ended with a great result. I picked their blue and white pompon yarn which looks really nice, better than the plain white. This is it so far. I only started it about an hour ago.
I am aiming to finish it this weekend, however, the band on the yarn states that three balls are required to make it, yet in the past I only used two. I am going to finish the first ball and if required order another to make it up to three, fingers crossed it arrives soon if needed. Once finished I will post a photo of it.
My little brother and his partner are due to have a baby tomorrow, 1st July. They found out that it will be a boy and have decided to name him Thomas. So with the arrival of a new baby, I have decided to make a few things. firstly a fleece blanket with hood, a cuddly jumper, again with a hood, and I found a pattern for a teddy bear that looks fantastic.
I had it in my mind that he was due in July, and thought I have plenty of time yet, but, as with the plans of mice and men, they are thwarted by time and all of a sudden I realised that I need to step up, so this weekend I will be crashing my needles throughout and trying to get the garments made. The teddy can wait as the little one will not need it for a little bit.
One of the problems I have with making baby clothes is that I really do not enjoy making them, they are small, and not every exciting thing to make. I love huge complicated projects, so it really is something I have to force myself to do, but I know my little brother will love whatever I make.
Once I have finished the items I will, of course, post photos, but so far it is a bunch of balls and nothing much to see.